Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Present

Present

3:14 Exodus

וַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־מֹשֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם׃

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

8:24 John

I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am He, you shall die in your sins. Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.


I AM

I was regretting the past
And fearing the future...
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
“MY NAME IS I AM.” He paused.

I waited. He continued,
“When you live in the past,
With its mistakes and regrets,
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I was.

“When you live in the future,
with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I will be.


“When you live in this moment,
It is not hard.
I am here.
My name is I am.”
--Helen Mallicoat




I am overjoyed today that Jesus is our high priest and our advocate to take us into the presence of the Father. With his Holiness and his love he has given us this moment to stand in awe of their beauty and majesty. Thank you for this moment that has provided me with your Spirit. I will forever give praise to your holy name.


IN THIS MOMENT I WILL TRUST IN THE "I AM"

No comments:

Post a Comment